Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Shopping Queen

I am the Shopping Queen,
Buying things that are almost free.
Shopping Queen,
Hear the beep from the cash machine....
Oh yeah!
(sorry, I still have Mamma Mia fever)

I'm slowly becoming a "real" house wife. My old boss used to LOVE finding a deal and I always laughed at her when she would give me a coupon to buy something. She told me to wait because one day I would like it too...and that day has come. I bought the following items today:



Albertson's Pricing

(2) Macaroni Grill meals: $5.49 ea
(3) Hamburger Helper singles: $1.50 ea
(1) Ken's Light Accents Spray Salad Dressing: $3.69
(2) Hunt's Snack Packs: $1.99 ea
(1) Juicy Juice Box 8 pack: $3.99
(2) Barilla pastas: $1.99 ea

Total actual retail price: $31.12
Amount paid by Cammi? (drum roll please) $ 6.40!

How did I do it?

Macaroni Grill: Meals on sale for $4 ($2 ea) - $1 coupon from Sunday paper - $1.10 coupon online = $1.90 ($.95 ea!)

Hamburger Helper: Meals on sale for $1.50 ($.50 ea) - $1.10 coupon online = $.40 ($.13 ea!)

Ken's: Dressing on sale for $1 - $2 coupon from Sunday paper = +$1! (They paid me $1 to buy it!)

Hunt's: Snack packs on sale for $2 ($1 ea) - $.40 coupon from Sunday paper = $1.60 ($.80 ea)

Juicy Juice: Boxes on sale for $2.50 - $1 coupon from Sunday paper = $1.50

Barilla: Pasta on sale for $3 ($1.50 ea) - $1 coupon from Sunday paper = $2 ($1 ea)

Note: The sale prices I received are contingent on purchasing 10 participating items in the same transaction, which I did, but I didn't want to list EVERYTHING I bought. These were just the best deals of the bunch. For my total purchase, I spent $47.48, but I saved $40.97 in coupons and sale savings! I also know this isn't the best pricing on pasta, but Barilla is my favorite brand! So I was happy :)

6 comments:

Marc said...

The best part about it is that we didn't even have to pay for the Sunday Paper! Our neighbors moved out and I didn't want the paper to go to waste.... :)

Nesa said...

glad you got into coupon shopping. ampee has been doing it for a while and she has a room full dedicated to all the stuff she bought from coupon shopping. i have yet to do it, but i will!

Susie said...

That is awesome! I remember the days of using lots of coupons- I need to do that again.
Love the poem/song- I want to go see Mamma Mia again!!

Lynne said...

I'm impressed Cammi! Isn't it fun to come out on top sometimes? And if you can get Marc to become even a little bit frugal you'll be doing just fine! Ask him about the credit card debt he left when he went on his mission!
And I'll go back to Mamma Mia with you anytime!

Kika VilaNova said...

I *LOVE* coupons!!

Amy Jensen said...

I love coupons too! You are going to have to take me grocery shopping with you from now on if you saved that much money. I just started to get the Sunday paper so now I will have to start getting the coupons from that. Dev would just love me more if I used them and saved even more money!