Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Poor Baby

Lila woke up yesterday looking like this:


Her forehead and the corners of her eyes were totally swollen. Yes, I totally freaked out. I ripped her room apart in search of a spider or some other bug that may have bitten her and held her eyes under the faucet while I called the Dr. 30 minutes later, we were at the Dr's office and were told that it was some type of allergic reaction to something. To what - I have no idea. We haven't changed detergents, we didn't go anywhere different, and we didn't eat any new foods. I'm totally stumped. She was in good spirits later in the day, but she still looked like a cat...
Her eyes look even worse today:

She looks like she went 10 rounds in a boxing ring, but she says it doesn't hurt her at all. In fact, last night she went into the bathroom and screamed when she looked in the mirror because she forgot how she looked! I feel so bad for her.

7 comments:

Amy Jensen said...

That is so sad! That has happened to Easton before and the Dr. said the same thing but did you know that something they may have always eaten or whatever it is can all the sudden there body decides it is allergic too. So you may have to wonder what it was until it happens again and then narrow it down.

Nesa said...

awww....soo sad! that happened to ladd and sani before. Ladd got a mosquito bite on his eye and sani got stung by a bee. both their faces looked liked lila's. Found out they both had allergic reactions. Hope the swelling goes down soon!

Megan C. said...

Poor girl! Hope the swelling goes down soon!

Unknown said...

That is so sad!!!!

Jo Lynn said...

Oh that's terrible. Can't they do tests or something to figure out what caused it? I hope it goes down soon, I'm sure she has to go to school soon. You are such a good mommy, made it to the doctors in half hour!

Paige said...

That would freak me out too! I hope you figure out what caused it soon.

That is pretty hilarious that she screamed at her reflection...

Kika VilaNova said...

aw poor baby! I hope it goes away! did the dr take some blood samples to look for allergies???