Monday, July 14, 2008

Warning: Hazardous Road

Sunday - A day to enjoy a leisurely drive with your family. We used to do it all the time when I was little. We would go up to Bridal Veil and feed the ducks. What do we do now that I'm a Blaser? We take our 3 children up a road that has a large sign with bold letters saying:



Should this deter us from taking our Sunday drive? Nah! The road was pretty bumpy, but it was beautiful! Especially when we got to the top where there was a huge field of wildflowers and you could see Strawberry Reservoir in the distance.



We counted 15 squirrels that were almost put to death by Red Rocker (Marc's truck). We also played the rhyming game and "I Spy". We only lasted about 3 hours before the kids lost it and mass hysteria ensued. I guess we better take a few more family drives to get ready for our 6 hour flight to Hawaii! Thanks to Marc for taking us on a fun family adventure!

(Note to self: KFC is NOT a car friendly meal choice...)

5 comments:

Nesa said...

Hawaii?! Sweet! Let me know how your six hour flight goes ;)

Megan C. said...

You're going to Hawaii? How fun! When's the trip?

Shyla said...

Looks like fun. Sounds like something Jay would do! I love taking Sunday drives.

AudreyO said...

We used to own a 4 wheel drive and loved going on roads that others couldn't. Only once someone chased us with a shotgun oh boy

Amy Jensen said...

Oh I love going for Sunday drives up in the mountains! PS I am jealous....Hawaii! How fun!!!