Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Recap - Week 6

(Note: Fox must be cracking down on people releasing pictures and video, so I'm not sure that I'll have any this week...)

Yay! New couple pairings and solos start this week! I like it when America gets to do the elimination instead of the judges. I also like it when you get to see each individual dancer when they aren't in "panic" mode and trying to dance for their life. There was a surprise right at the beginning of the show - Jessica has a few broken ribs and she's out of the competition! So Comfort is back! (Sal - you should be happy!!)

One tradition I would like to see go away? When everyone makes a stupid face and holds up their number while Cat reads off their phone number.


Couples

Joshua and Courtney

#1 - I thought this was a good pairing since Katee & Courtney are both contemporary dancers and Joshua & Gev are hip hop. They did really good, although Joshua was creeping me out a little with all his touching of Courtney during the judging. I guess he's really happy to have been paired with her! I also wasn't feeling his ponytail. Yuk!

#2 - Double yuk on Joshua's ponytail and the shirt. But I LOVED Courtney in this piece. It flowed really well. Joshua has stepped up and really learned how to do different styles of dance.

Mark and Kherington

#1 - Ouch. There was trouble right out of the gate with this piece. Their turns were off and then Mark almost didn't get his arm over Kherington's head during her turn. They looked completely uncomfortable the whole time.

#2 - They were much more comfortable with this piece. But it wasn't exciting at all. They are in trouble.... "Canned Heat" reminds me of Center Stage - I love that movie! (Don't even remind me that Napoleon Dynamite ruined it...)

Comfort and Twitch

#1 - Fake it 'til you make it. That had to be their motto during this piece. They both looked like they were faking it. Badly. Very loose turns. Blah.

#2 - Thank goodness for a hip hop routine!! Yay! They really showed what they could do with this piece. Comfort needs to close her mouth when she dances though! I love Chris Brown. I'm glad they used this song.

Katee and Will

#1 - Yay! I was hoping to see them together because they are the strongest dancers. I liked this piece by Tyce, but I don't think it showcased them very well.

#2 - HOLY. COW. My favorite of the night. Will's pirouette gave me chills! Too bad Katee's foot got stuck under her leg - it would have been perfect otherwise!

Chelsie and Gev

#1 - Chelsie is again the stronger dancer of the pair. I thought the choreography was interesting, especially with the song Sonia used.

#2 - Again, Gev is lucky he has Chelsie....Meh.

Solos

Chelsie - Good, as always.


Gev - Was it just me or did it look like his foot got stuck on his leg hop? Other than that, it was good.

Courtney - Good too. The large shirt always seems to say "contemporary". :)


Mark - I wondered if he would do this piece because they showed a clip of him doing in during Vegas week. He is quirky, but I think he did his style well.


Comfort - I'm still not a fan of her solos...

Twitch - He seemed a little uncomfortable doing his solo tonight. Something was off. I just can't put my finger on it.

Katee- I love "This Woman's Work". I think she did a great job and I liked her dress.

Will - He didn't get going for a few seconds, but I thought it was good once he started.

Kherington -It was alright. Did you check out her little booty shake at the end there??

Joshua - Bringin out the Michael Jackson. I thought he did a great job. It always takes me by surprise when he does hip hop because he does so well at the other genres.


Predictions?

Bottom 2:
Kherington & Comfort
Mark & Gev

Eliminated: Sadly, I have to go with Kherington and Gev.

2 comments:

Susie said...

NO,NO don't let Gev go yet....I like him....how about Kherington and Mark leave??

Sally said...

I knew you'd die as soon as Comfort reappeared! I was cringing inside for you. For what it's worth, she may be able to get eliminated again! Happy Day for Cammi! I wonder how they'll handle Jessica now? Does she just jump in four weeks from now? That would put her in the top 4 or 2. How else can they do it, though?