Thursday, July 03, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Recap

Disclaimer: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of the author are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader. So get over it if you don't agree!! (Just Kidding)

First, I have to get this off of my chest.... I CANNOT STAND MARY MURPHY. I've stopped listening to her comments and just fast forward or mute her. Her voice hurts my brain.

There was a lot going on this episode with every couple doing 2 dances. I bet it was pretty intense for them to learn so much in a short period of time.

Will and Jessica




#1 - It was ok...



#2 - I've been a closet Heart fan for a long time. One of my first memories was listening to my Dad's Heart record (Yes, record. One you play with a needle...) with gigantic headphones when I wasn't even in Kindergarten yet. So I was excited to see a lyrical to this song :) Will is becoming one of my favorite dancers on the show. Most of the time, the really great contemporary male dancers have a "feminine" quality to them even though they have strong bodies. That's not the case with Will. Wow. Please keep your shirt off for every number! Still not a Jessica fan. I'd like to see Will with a different partner.


Comfort and Thayne

#1 & #2 - I like Comfort and Thayne together better than Comfort and Chris. I really liked "Cool". Comfort seemed a lot more "comfortable" (hee hee) with Thayne.





Kourtni and Matt



#1 & #2 - I don't like Kourtni either. I thought the Hip Hop piece was really boring and the Mambo looked really awkward. Blah. You can tell how off Kourtni was in the Hip Hop piece by this picture. Get your knee up, Girl!



Chelsie and Mark



#1 & #2 - I really like Chelsie and Mark as a couple. I think they will be in the Top 3.




Twitchington

#1 - I loved Kherington in this piece. She was really into it and it was a different side of her. Yay! Props to Twitch for his abs too.




#2 - Mia Michaels is all sorts of cra-a-zay....there is some weird stuff going on in her head. But I loved this piece - the bed prop, the concept and the dance all went really well together. Twitch was really featured and he did a great job in portraying the story. I loved Kherington's bed hair! :)



Katee and Joshua

#1 - Again, more of Mia Michaels and her crazyness. But I loved this one too! It drew you in right from the beginning with the walking forward and back. I also loved the costumes and Katee's hair. Katee and Joshua are still my favorite couple.



#2 - Benji is back with some more costume ugliness. Joshua struggled with this style a little bit.




Courtney and Gev

#1 - Ra - if you are reading this, I thought about you right away when they started playing "Lights, Camera, Action". You know why :) It wasn't that exciting. I agreed with Napoleon that Gev was thinking too hard.




#2 - This was also not that exciting...There was way too much pointing going on. I guess they were supposed to be sightseeing??




Whew....So what are my predictions?


Bottom 3 - Comfort and Thayne, Kourtni and Matt, Courtney and Gev


Eliminated - Kourtni and Gev (This may be wishful thinking - I'd like to see Courtney and Matt together...)


We'll see how it really turns out!

1 comments:

Sally said...

alright, first off, AMEN to hating Mary Murphy. There simply must be other ballroom experts in the world. I can't believe Nigel has kept her on this long. I positively couldn't stand sitting close to her like he does. I quite liked Tabitha and Napoleon as judges, but I also like them as choreographers and people. They have a nice way about them.

I don't see what you see in Katee. Ever since the auditions she has bugged me. I like Courteney, and Kherington, and Comfort. Kourtni was fine to go, in my opinion. Same with Matt. Joshua does nothing for me, particularly in Benji's lame choreography. That was the most boring West Coast Swing that I've ever seen. Blah. I am a big Will fan, but in general I'm missing my eye candy from the last two seasons. None of them have beautiful faces that just turn me on!