Thursday, July 10, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Recap - Week 5

(Pictures to Follow Shortly!)

First of all, I loved Cat's look this week! She actually looked summery and fresh not stiff and boring like last week. On another note - earth to Mary Murphy! You are judging, not ballroom dancing. Terrible, terrible outfit and jewelry. Get a stylist!

Mark and Chelsie

#1 - Loved it! Chelsie really worked the dress and hair - muy caliente! :) Chelsie is a much stronger dancer than Mark, so it will be interesting to see how he does when they switch partners next week. Mark even looked a little Latin with his hair whoop-dee-doo. I thought it was hilarious when they said Alex Da Silva looked like the Brazilian Bono. I thought the same thing about his glasses!



#2 - They rock it again. I love Tyce Diorio's choreography.



Comfort and Thayne

#1 - I totally agreed with the judges - there was no connection during this dance. At all. Comfort obviously thinks she is the greatest dancer. I would have to completely disagree with her! I'm ready for her to go this week. Poor Cat - sticking up for them and then getting reprimanded by Nigel. I bet she won't do that again!



#2 - I usually love Mandy Moore, so I was really disappointed by this piece because it didn't excite me at all. Meh.

Will and Jessica

#1 - This was really interesting and beautiful. I'm glad Will was the one to do it because he has incredible lines (and body!). It was nice to see something a little different. I'm glad I didn't watch it with Lila though - wow! I didn't really agree with them about Jessica holding her own against Will though. I felt like he was just able to "showcase" her better with this type of choreography. Unfortunately, I didn't mute Mary before she made her dumb Tarzan comment...



#2 - I don't really like the Quickstep, so I didn't really like this piece. Jessica was blah. Again. I was glad Mia said what everyone was thinking - Will looks tired of carrying her and he needs another partner.

Courtney and Gev

#1 - The return of Pacha and Anya! I'm glad they are using more of the dancers from past years as choreographers. I liked this piece. I thought they danced it well. (Did you get "the message"?)



#2 - Even though all of the pieces have a theme, I feel like Courtney and Gev keep getting the really "theme-y" pieces. First, sight-seeing in NY and now a jungle expedition? I thought this one was ok. Even though I like both Courtney and Gev, they don't seem to POP! like some of the others do. They might be in trouble again this week.



Twitchington

#1 - I love Lil C's Krump choreography because it's so BUCK! It's just so street and gritty - I think it would be really fun to dance. I thought they did a great job with this, even though Kherington pooped out at the end. Twitch rocked it.



#2 - I wasn't thrilled with this. They seemed to be counting (...5,6,7,8 and 1,2....)

Katee and Joshua

#1 - I don't normally like this genre, but I liked this choreography. Katee did a great job. Joshua did well too, but his outfit made him look...chubby, I guess. I was impressed by his turns though - he is still a b-boy!



#2 - Bollywood! This is something new too..and I loved it! If they are going to start doing cultural dance, they should do a hula/haka! I loved the ending pose.



In honor of Bollywood, here is my favorite Bollywood clip...enjoy!



Predictions?

Bottom 3 - Comfort and Thayne, Courtney and Gev, Katee and Joshua
Eliminated - Comfort and Thayne

3 comments:

Paige said...

I only saw the last few minutes and I haven't been keeping up like I thought but I really liked the Bollywood number, that was so fun to watch. And I only saw the end of the Twitch number and I was bored watching it. When even a dancing dolt like myself can tell that a dance isn't going right then those people are in trouble.

Sally said...

I lost faith in my Kherington a bit this week. She totally did poop out at the end. As for my snarky comment last week about Katee, I like her body when it dances. I think it's her face that bugs me. Which is not nice. I am working on that. :) I will sure miss Comfort if she goes home, though. I think she's hilarious, and beautiful. I know those things aren't too relevant to dancing, but I sure love hearing her talk, and watching the previews for their dances because she's so funny. Troy and I felt pretty dirty after watching the Will and Jessica one. That was hot!!

Hey, we're going to Seven Peaks on Saturday for Anna's birthday. We'll probably get there at 12:00. If you want to come, let us know and we'll meet you somewhere!

Jason and Nesa said...

I watched part of this show today for the first time...it is pretty entertaining. Its amazing how peoples bodies can move!