Saturday, June 07, 2008

Surprise!










Today we went to a surprise birthday party Jay Larsen. Boy was it a surprise - his birthday isn't until September!! But Shyla wanted to throw a party for him while his brother Pete is here on leave from Iraq. It was so fun! We surprised Jay at Ruby Tuesday's in Park City for lunch and then went up to the Olympic Park. Ryan, Marc and Lila rode the Alpine Slide together and Lila had a blast! She loved going fast. While they were riding, Mom, Joe, Helen, Chloe, Warrik, Violet and I played on the playground equipment next to the ski lift. It was also fun to watch the skiers who were practicing on the jumps.

It was fun to see Pete. He's been gone for a while. On the way up to Park City, we had a patriotic moment when "God Bless the USA" came on the radio. It got me thinking about all the sacrifices our soldiers are making for us. I wanted to tell Pete thank you for all he is doing, but I was afraid I might get emotional, so I didn't say anything. :( I'll have to write him a letter...

Thanks to Shyla for planning a fun day!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

What a fun thing to do--that's neat for you and your friends!

Megan C. said...

Looks like fun! I love the picture of Chloe and Warrik!