Sunday, March 09, 2008

Wishing and Hoping

Yesterday, Terra hosted a surprise baby shower for me! It was wonderful! She had everything planned perfectly with games and yummy food. I had a hunch that something was going on and when Marc and I drove up to my in-law's house for "lunch" and there were blue balloons hanging on the lights, I knew someone had been up to something sneaky! I got a lot of great gifts and I am finally feeling prepared to have another baby! The decorations were adorable. Terra hung up little onesies and bibs from a clothesline in the window. There was also a cupcake "cake" that was decorated like clouds with a stork on top. Thanks to everyone who helped/came to the party. It made my day a really happy one! (Pictures to follow...Mom? Have you uploaded them yet?)

As I was unpacking some of the gifts this morning, I got the song "Wishing and Hoping" stuck in my head. It's the song at the beginning of my Best Friend's Wedding (love that movie!!). The song doesn't quite have the same meaning as having a baby, but that's how I've been feeling the last couple weeks. I'm wishing and hoping and thinking and praying; Planning and dreaming.....about finally having this boy! Where are you Max? I'm ready for you to join our family!

2 comments:

Megan C. said...

What a fun shower! I'm so glad I was included! I hope Max comes too - you seem so ready!

Lynne said...

We did have a great time! Thanks to Terra--and all our friends. I'm hoping for Max on March 24th--any chance?! Love you Cammi!
ps. Did we miss a video of our naughty Chloe? I don't seem to see anything...