Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

It felt a little out of place having Easter in March, but we had a fun Easter this year. On Saturday, Lila and I dyed eggs and Lila decorated them like zoo animals.


Sunday morning I had Easter baskets waiting for Lila and Chloe. Chloe LOVES Donkey from Shrek. She will watch The Donkey Dance on Shrek the Third over and over if I let her. I found a really funny split ring inner tube with a Donkey head on it at the Dollar Store and I thought it would be a funny non-candy thing to give her. Well.... her reaction wasn't what I was expecting. She stared at it for a few minutes, terrified. She even shook a little. I had enough time to find the camera and take a picture before she moved from her spot! She eventually warmed up to it and even took it with her into the bath later that morning.

We went over to Grandma Susie's for Easter dinner and an Easter egg "hunt" in the backyard. Lila has quite the age advantage over the other grandkids, so she made off with most of the loot. But Chloe was still happy with the one egg she found! Grandma and Grandpa B and Todd also came over for a visit. It was nice to spend time with the whole family! Easter really got me ready for spring. It's so nice to be able to play outside.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Chloe's Reaction is Priceless!! On a different note.. hope Baby Blaser comes soon i'm so excited your having a boy. Now Marc wont be out numbered as much.

Heidi said...

Cute family pictures. You guys look great! Caden loves the donkey too - I just got him a little donkey at Universal Studios and he loves it!

Papa EK said...

You know what... you was the same way with certain blow-up or stuffed figures... but you would slowly walk up to them then punch them! Then after you did, you would laugh while sucking on you binkie. Cute family pic... wish I was there...

Allison Bushman said...

Wow Cam - I can't believe Lila looks JUST like you! You have a beautiful family!